Saturday, July 16, 2011

Who, What, Where, When, is the MCF Auction?


Back in Spring of 2008, I was a newbie on Etsy, and my bud Kristin, aka Moose Threads, convinced me to join an Etsy team of Military spouses. This team was so amazing. Not only did they give me business advice, but they were there for me while my husband was deployed.  I will never forget all our chats and fun and support.  We built long lasting friendships.  Some of these friendships so strong, that I have and they have gone out of their way for us to meet in person.  And with everyone I have met, we have talked non-stop for hours. Never had I been involved with a group so diverse in religion, backgrounds, politics etc, that were so respectful, and non-caddy in a group.
Well, as times change, so did that Etsy team.  So did we...as many of us now have sites off Etsy, no longer have shops, etc.  But we still have our friendships.  So recently we created a group on Facebook where we can chat and stay in touch.  This evolved to also include a business page, where we could help promote each other, whether our shops have their own websites, whether we sell predominantly on Facebook, or even if we just have some great stuff to share. 
To kick off this military friends page, we thought why not have an auction. So many of us do similar things on our business pages individually, that we thought having one as a group, and introducing our clientele to our favorite shops, would be fabulous!  I can vouch for every participant.  Not only are they fabulous artisans, but they are also some pretty awesome women!
I invite you to like our fan page.  And please attend the auction, sometime between 8pm and midnight EST tomorrow (Sunday).  Even if you don't bid (although bidding ends at midnight EST), please just come to see this fantastic sampling of items from this group.  You won't be sorry!!!!

MCF 1st EVER Auction
Sunday July 17th
8pm-Midnight EST
Direct Link http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=231464313550995

Some of the fabulous shops participating:
www.Facebook.com/LilacAve
www.Facebook.com/Memoriestoyou
www.Facebook.com/TwoSeasideBabes
www.Facebook.com/DancingBearsTeaHouse
www.Facebook.com/BadCatJewelry
www.Facebook.com/wanderingwhimsies
http://www.facebook.com/ReynaRed

No comments:

Post a Comment